Who said Jennifer Lopez was washed up?
I thought it was a huge deal just for Jenny to have one of the biggest singles of 2011 with “On The Floor”, but this year she’s proved that she’s the ruler and queen of literally everything under the sun by dethroning Lady GaGa at the top of the Forbes Celebrity 100 list.
I feel so bad for your faves right now tbqh!
Queen Jenny raked in $52 million in the past 12 months alone. The cash came from a tonne of different places, including music, movies, and TV, her successful fragrance line, top-tier endorsement deals with the likes of L’Oreal, Gilette, and Fiat, her clothing line with Kohl’s, and the big fat $20 million she got paid for season two of American Idol.
The fact that Lopez was a total has-been only two or three years ago wasn’t lost on Forbes, who wrote: “A few years ago it looked like Lopez was done. Her albums, like the all-Spanish Como Ama una Mujer, failed to find the broad audience she once enjoyed. Her movies, like El Cantante, flopped.”
Ah, gotta love Jen. Never the best vocalist or songwriter, but always one of the sharpest businesswomen in the biz.
Her success looks set to continue this year as she attempts to revive her film career, beginning with a lead role in the rom-com What To Expect When You’re Expecting. The movie also stars Cameron Diaz, and opens in America this Friday.
Meanwhile, back to the Forbes list. Other pop stars trailing J. Lo included Justin Bieber (No. 3, $55 million), Rihanna (No. 4, $53 million), Lady GaGa ($52 million, No. 5 — hehe, big drop from the top), Britney Spears ($58 million, No. 6), Katy Perry ($45 million, No. 8), Taylor Swift ($57 million, No. 11), Beyonce ($40 million, No. 16 — her star is fading LOL), and Adele ($35 million, No. 24).
Despite ranking at No. 6, Britney was the highest-earning musician on the list. The power of Britney never ceases to amaze! Too bad 90% of that cash probably goes to lawyers and the other 10% is in the hands of her conservators, but whatever — Britney’s still bigger than yo’ faves.